Associate researcher at the Centre for German and European Studies
Researcher at Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences
- Theories of democracy and participation
- Citizenship education
- Minority learners
- Refugee education
- Gender & queer studies
- Qualitative methods in sociology
- 2000 Diploma of the Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2006 PhD in sociology at the Faculty of Sociology, University of Bielefeld, Germany
- 2016 Habilitation, venia legendi „Sociology“ Faculty for Sociology/ Institute for Science and Technology Studies, Bielefeld University
- Since 2019 Vice-President for Internationalisation and Diversity of the Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Since 2018 Professor for Sociology at the Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences (Germany), Teaching at Gender and Diversity Programme
- 2014-2018 Professor for Diversity in Teacher’s Training, Curricula and Education Research at the Centre for Teacher Training (DoKoLL), TU Dortmund University
- 2014- 2018 Member of the Institute for Philosophy and Political science, the Faculty for Humanitarian sciences and Theology, TU Dortmund University
- 2012-2014 Coordinator of the „Praxis Term“ conception group for social sciences within the Bielefeld School of Education (BISED) Bielefeld University
- 2013 Coordinator of International cooperation, gender and diversity management at the Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology, Bielefeld University
- 2009-2014 Research fellow and lecturer in teachers training at Faculty for Sociology, Bielefeld University
- 2005-2012 Representative of the German Director of the Centre for German and European Studies (ZDES), Department of Sociology, Bielefeld University
- 2001-2004 Administrative co-ordinator of the research project “Participation and Dynamics of Social Positionings“ (PARADYS), Institute for Science and Technology Studies, Bielefeld University
- Molitor, V., & Zimenkova, T. (2020). Case example: looking at Russia. Schule der Vielfalt, NRW—Rundbrief, 19(1).
- Quinan, C. L., Molitor, V, van den Brink, M., & Zimenkova, T. (2020). Framing gender identity registration amidst national and international developments: Introduction to ‘Bodies, identities, and gender regimes: Human rights and legal aspects of gender identity registration’. Editorial. International Journal of Gender, Sexuality and Law, 1, 1-25.
- Quinan, C.L., Molitor, V., van den Brink, M., & Zimenkova, T. (Eds) (2020), Bodies, identities, and gender regimes: Human rights and legal aspects of gender identity registration. International Journal of Gender, Sexuality and Law, Vol.1.
- Brandt, K., & Zimenkova, T. (2019). Developing Common Visions? Elaborating Conception of Cohesion with Help of Deliberative Procedures in Disintegrated Urban Spaces – ZuNaMi Approach. In: Abstract Book, 14th ESA Conference ‘Europe and Beyond: Boundaries, Barriers and Belonging’, 20-23 August 2019, Manchester, p. 967.
- Karber, A., Sevdiren, G., Heberle, K., Schröter, A., Bartz, J., & Zimenkova, T. (2019). University Didactic Considerations of Differential Reflexive Teacher Education. Kongressband des 26. DGfE-Kongresses (in German).
- Molitor, V., & Zimenkova, T. (2019). Loyalty, Overperforming and Imposed Expertise: LGBTQ* - Identities and Everyday Work in the Police. In J. Gruhlich and M. Seeliger (Eds.), Intersectionality, work and organization. Anthology in the series Working Society in Change (114-129). Verlag Beltz Juventas.
- Rohde-Abuba, C., Vennmann, S., & Zimenkova, T. (2019). The Destruction of the Heterosexual Family? The Discourse of Opponents of the Gender Mainstreaming Educational Curriculum in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Sexuality & Culture 23(3), 718-736.
- Beuter, C., Schlegel, S., Vennmann, S. & Zimenkova, T.(2018). TU@ Adams Corner – Political science content in international classes as a challenge and opportunity for political didactics? Politischer Lernen, 3-4, p. 65-68 (in German).
- Zimenkova, T., Szukala, A., Brandt, K., Marej, K., Tiefenthal, G., & Durczak, M.(2018). ‘ZuNaMi: Creating Cohesion Narratives with Disintegrated Urban Communities. First work in progress report’. A conference paper for XIX ISA World Congress of Sociology, RC03 Community Research (host committee) Session on ‘Populism and Community Research’. Toronto, Canada, July 15-21, 2018.
- Molitor, V. & Zimenkova, T. (2017). LGBTQI police officers going public? An interplay of gender regimes, LGBTQI identities, authority belonging and activism. Paper for 5th European Conference on Politics and Gender, panel on LGBTQI Rights, Sexuality and Politics. ECPG, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 8–10 June 2017.
- Zimenkova, T. & Molitor, V. (2017). Approaching LGBTIQ‐Police officers: an easy to reach group? Paper for 5th European Conference on Politics and Gender, Session on Researching Intersectionality and Exclusion. ECPG, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 8–10 June 2017.
- Zimenkova, T & Jeliazkova, M. (2017). Beyond description. Country reports on Civic and political education in post-communist, post-authoritarian and “old liberal” Europe in dialogue. Special issue, Journal of Social Science Education, 2, 2-7.
- Zimenkova T. (2017). What is a society? The advantages of Sowi-didactics for refugees. [Web log from „sowi-online"].
- Zimenkova T. (2015). Educating Supermen and Superwomen: Global Citizenship Education. In: Millei, Z. & Imre, R. Childhood and Nation. Interdisciplinary Engagements (Critical Cultural Studies of Childhood series) New York: Palgrave MacMillan, pp. 229-252.