Affiliated researcher at the Centre for German and European Studies
- Migration, gender and diversity in contexts of education and work
- Care work
- Post-socialism and social change
- Qualitative research methods and triangulation of methods
- University didactics of academic writing
- since 2015 Senior research consultant, INFO GmbH Market and Opinion Research, Berlin
- 2013-2015 Post-doc fellow, Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences, study course “Gender and Diversity”
- since 2014 Research associate, Centre for German and European Studies, University Bielefeld
- 2012-2013 Research fellow, University of Applied Sciences Bielefeld, Faculty of Social Work
- 2010 Guest researcher, Centre for German and European Studies, St.Petersburg
- 2009 Research assistant, University Bielefeld, Faculty of Sociology
- 2008-2013 Doctoral studies, University Bielefeld, Faculty of Sociology, Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology, PhD Thesis “Au-pair Migration. Geographical and Social Mobility of Young Women between Russia and Germany“
- 2004-2008 Diploma studies, Otto-Friedrich University Bamberg, Faculty of Sociology, Diploma thesis “Conditions of migrants’ integration into the housing market“
- 2003-2004 Student exchange, University of Latvia and University of Vienna
- 2001-2003 Pre-diploma studies, University of Bremen, Faculty of Sociology
- Rohde-Abuba, C. (2019). Childhood in Germany - a Question of Social Participation? Results of the World Vision Children's Study 2018. Kindesmisshandlung und –vernachlässigung: Interdisziplinäre Fachzeitschrift für Prävention und Intervention, 22 (2), 172-179 (in German).
- Rohde-Abuba, C., Vennmann, S., & Zimenkova, T. (2019). The Destruction of the Heterosexual Family? The Discourse of Opponents of the Gender Mainstreaming Educational Curriculum in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Sexuality & Culture 23(3), 718-736.
- Rohde-Abuba C. The discourse on the integration of male 'refugees' into public and private elderly care homes in the context of the current care crisis in Germany. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Rohde-Abuba, C. (2017). Narratives of Not Belonging: The Symbolic and Functional Meaning of Language Use in the Relation of Russian Au Pair Migrants to the Russian-Speaking Community in Germany. Laboratorium: Russian Review of Social Research, 9 (1), 62 – 89.
- Rohde-Abuba, C. (2016). "A Real Woman has to do it all – with the kids and in the office": Doing Femininity in the Transcultural Context of Russian-German Migration. Gender, Place &Culture, 23(6), 753 – 768.
- Rohde-Abuba, C. (2016). “The good girl from Russia can do it all: Au pairs’ perceptions of exploitation in intersections of gender and nationality and their strategies of resistance. Nordic Journal of Migration Research. Special Issue Article, 6(4), 215 – 223.
- Rohde-Abuba, C. (2015). Der Au-pair-Aufenthalt als non-formale Bildungsphase russischer Hochschulabsolventinnen. Forum Jugendarbeit International.