The policy-relevant research project in cooperation with the Higher School of Economics in Moscow/St. Petersburg started in 2011. In 2013 the project continued the comparative analysis of the academic statuses between Russia and Western as well as Eastern European countries. In addition to the scholarly analysis within the framework of sociology of science, the aim is to elaborate policy recommendations for the harmonization of qualifications in Russia with European qualifications.
Overall, the existing research projects and activities continued in 2013. In addition, new directions like policy-oriented studies of policy and communication networks and governance were developed not only within the individual research projects but also in order to establish a new research area on Network Research.
- Mikhail Sokolov, European University at St. Petersburg;
- Tatiana Zimenkova, CGES, associate;
- Maria Safonova, Higher School of Economics, St. Petersburg Branch;
- Dr. Sofia Tchouikina, Université Paris VIII-Vincennes, Département des études slaves.
- Sokolov, M., Guba, K., Zimenkova, T., Safonova, M., and Chuykina, S. (2015). How to become a professor: academic careers, markets and power in five countries. Novoe literaturnoe obozreniye, 832 p.