Research Associate at the Centre for German and European Studies
Assosiate Professor, Department of comparative political studies, RANEPA
Director of the German-Russian Exchange, St. Petersburg
Member of the Steering Committee of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
- Candidate of Political Science (Russian PhD)
- European and Russian governance structures
- Regional politics
- Civil society groups
- Local self-government
- 1996-2000 European University at St. Petersburg / Institute of World Economy and International Relations, Department of political science and sociology, Candidate of science (June 2000)
- 1997 European University at St.Petersburg Political science MA with distinction
- 1991-1996 St. Petersburg State University, Department of Sociology, Diploma
- August 2006, August 2008 University of Helsinki (Finland), Aleksanteri Institute
- April, May 2007 Pomor State University in Arkhangelsk (Russia), Institute for Retraining, Politics and Law
- September-October 2005 University of Genoa (Italy), Department for Political and Social Sciences
- February-March 2004 University of Bielefeld (Germany), Department for Sociology
- September 1997-February 1998 Bundestag Internship Program, organized by Bundestag and University of Bonn (Bonn, Germany)
- March-May 1996 Diploma practice at the department of sociology of the University of Bielefeld (Germany)
- February-July 1995 Exchange-student program (Tempus-TACIS), department of sociology, University of Bielefeld (Germany)
- 2000-2014 Researcher at the Centre for European Studies – EU Centre at the European University at St. Petersburg
- 2009-2013 Coordinator of the CGES research clusters “Sub-National Regionalism in Europe” and “New Solidarities, Civil Society and NGOs in Europe and Russia”
- 2010 Participant of the research project “Building of Political Community or Communities in the Russian North-West: Between the Federal Centre and Cross-Border Cooperation” supported by the CGES
- January 2008-December 2009 Participant of the Tempus JEP project “Promoting European Governance in the North-Western Regions of Russia”
- November 2006-August 2008 Coordinator of St. Petersburg research group at the research project 16 “Inside – Outside: New modes of governance in the EU external policies” within the framework of the NEWGOV project led by the European University Institute in Florence and funded by the EU FP6
- January 2004-December 2007 Participant of the Tempus JEP project “Understanding European Governance in the North-Western Regions of Russia”
- January 2004-December 2007 Coordinator of St. Petersburg research group at project “Reconstitution of the North-Western political, Economic and Social Space”, in co-operation with the University of Joensuu, funded by the Academy of Finland
- January 2006-August 2006 Researcher at the project “Youth Policy in the Regions of the Russian North-West”, in co-operation with the St. Petersburg Center “Strategy”
- January 2005-August 2007 Academic staff member of the Tempus Joint European Project "Understanding European Governance in the Northwestern Regions of Russia"
- May 2004-March 2005 Researcher at the collective project of the Baltic Case “regional Identity under the Conditions of the EU Neighbourhood (on examples of republic of Karelia and Kaliningrad oblast’)”
- February 2003-July 2005 Researcher at the collective project “European Influence on Democratication in Russian Regions”, in co-operation with the Center for Contemporary Political Studies (Moscow) and University of Bremen, financed by Volkswagen Foundation
- August 2003-September 2004 Researcher at the project «NGOs Participation in Solving of Soft-Security Problems in the Russian North-West», in co-operation with the St. Petersburg Center “Strategy”
- September 2002-December 2003 Researcher at the pilot research project «North-Western Regional Identity Building and Political and Economic Integration of North-Western Subjects of Russian Federation» within the Center-Region Working Group of the Situating Russia Collaborative Research Network, sponsored by the American Council of Learned Societies/Ford Foundation-Moscow
- May 2001-May 2002 Researcher at the interregional project “225. Women Representation in the Regional Politics”
- May 2000-May 2003 Coordinator of the translators group at the Russian-German project “Most. Publication of the Results of the German Transformation Studies in Russian Language”, financed by the Volkswagen Foundation
- November 1999-April 2002 Researcher at the collective research project “Reform of the Local Government System in the Russian Cities”, financed by INTAS
- October 1998-February 2000 Coordinator of Russian part of the Research Project “Democratization in the Eastern Europe. Local and International”, in co-operation with University of the South Stockholm
- September 1996-February 1997 Researcher at the project “Understanding Patterns of Regional Change in Russia”, organized by Russian Regional Research Group, University of Birmingham
- Since 2009 European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Political Science and Sociology, Course “European Integration and Governance”
- Since 2008 Courses on “Sociology of NGOs”, “Contemporary Problems of the European Politics” at St. Petersburg State University, Department of Sociology
- Since 2004 St. Petersburg State University, Department of Sociology, “Studies in European Societies” Master's programme (in English), Courses “EU Governance and European Constitutionalisation” and “Regionalization and Multi-Level Governance in Europe”
- February-June 2006 Smolny Institute of Liberal Arts, St. Petersburg State University, course: “Political Management”
- May-June 2005, 2006 St. Petersburg branch of Higher School of Economics, Department for Sociology, course “Sociology of the Third Sector”
- February 2002-December 2007 Petrozavodsk State University, Department of Political and Social Sciences, lectures and seminars courses “Political Regional Studies”, “Management of Public Policy Organizations”, “Modes of European Governance”
- January 2007-December 2008 Team leader of the “EU Study Weeks”, organized by the German-Russian Exchange as a contractor of the Delegation of the European Commission to Russia
- September 2001-September 2003 Research Coordinator at the DAAD Centre for German and European Studies, St. Petersburg State University
- Belokurova, E., & Vorobyev, D. (2019) Overcoming Depoliticization: The 2014 Local Electoral Campaign in St Petersburg. International Journal of Politics, Culture and Society, Special Issue ‘Imagining a Link Between Local Activism and Political Transformation: Inventions from Russia and Eastern Europe’.
- Belokurova, E., & Vorobyev, D. (2019). Promotion of World Heritage Values: Experiences in St Petersburg and Other Cities of Russia.
- Belokurova E. (ed.) European Politics and Society: Studies by Young Scholars, Vol. 3, St. Petersburg: Svoe Publishing House, 2011 (in English).
- Belokurova E. (ed.) European Politics and Society: Studies by Young Russian Scholars, Vol. 2, St. Petersburg: Intersocis, 2010 (in English).
- Belokurova E. (ed.) European Politics and Society: Studies by Young Russian Scholars, Vol. 1, St. Petersburg: Intersocis, 2009 (in English)
- EU Policies towards Russia: The Search for Integration Mechanisms beyond Conditionality, in: A. Vasilache, R. Seidelmann, J. L. de S. Marques (eds.) States, Regions and the Global System: Europe and Northern Asia-Pacific in Globalized Governance, Nomos, 2011, p. 101-120.
- Co-authorship: Nechiporuk D., Nozhenko M., Belokurova E. Russia – a Special Actor in Baltic Sea Environmental Governance, in: Pihlajamaki M., Tynkkinen N. (eds.) Governing the Blue-Green Baltic Sea: Societal Challenges of Marine Euthropication Prevention, FIIA Report, 31, 2011, p. 44-54.
- Co-authorship: Nechiporuk D., Nozhenko M., Belokurova E. Russia in the System of the European Environmental Governance of the Baltic Sea Area (CGES WP 2011-10) // Bielefeld / St. Petersburg, 2011.
- Соавторство: Belokurova E., Vorob'ev D. Local Public Participaiton in Contemporary Russia, in: Russian Politics and Law, vol. 49, N 4, 2011, p. 76-84.
- Civil Society Discourses in Russia: The Influence of the European Union and the Role of EU-Russia Cooperation, in: Journal of European Integration, Vol. 32, issue 5, 2010, p. 457-474.