Research Associate at the Centre for German and European Studies
Assosiate Professor, Institute of Design and Urban Studies, ITMO
- Urban studies
- Interdisciplinary research in the study of emotions, art and knowledge
- Analysis of communicative and semantic networks
- 2007-2010 Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, Faculty of Sociology (Ukraine), Ph.D. in Sociology
- 2002-2007 Kharkiv National University, Faculty of Sociology (Ukraine), MA Sociology (Honours)
- 2015-present Arts for the City
- Jan 2014-present 'Co-evolution of Knowledge and Communication Networks: Structural Dynamics of Creative Collectives in European Cultural Capitals' (2014-2017) (CGES) (supported by the Russian Foundation for Humanities)
- Jan 2014-Dec 2014 'Analysis of Creative Industries in St.Petersburg and Kaliningrad' (National Research University Higher School of Economics in Saint-Petersburg, Laboratory of Economics of Culture, Nordic Council of Ministers, Information Office in Saint-Petersburg)
- Jan 2012-Dec 2014 ‘City SAGA. Public Spaces in Transformation’ (Nordic Council of Ministers, Information Office in Saint-Petersburg, the International Centre for Social and Economic Research Centre ‘Leontief Centre’, Centre for Independent Sociological Research, Open Urban Lab (Saint-Petersburg)
- Jan 2013-Jan 2014 'Creative City' (National Research University Higher School of Economics in Saint-Petersburg)
- Jan 2011-Dec 2012 'Knowledge Creation in Intellectual Networks' (Saint-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Sociology)
- Jan 2011-Dec 2012 'Communicative Practices of Knowledge Creation in Social Space of a Modern City' (St. Petersburg State University)
- Jan 2013-present International workshops on the topics of creativity, creative city, and creative networks. (Saint-Petersburg State University, CGES, National Research University Higher School of Economics in Saint-Petersburg, University of Barcelona, Free University of Berlin, King’s College London, University of Amsterdam)
- 2009-2011 International Educational Project HESP / OSI ReSET 'Comparative Studies for Advances in Teaching Sociology' (Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, University of Aberdeen)
- Nenko, A. (forthcoming). Sociocultural Design as a Technology for Urban Development. Urbanistika, 4 (in Russian).
- Nenko, A., Koniukhov, A., & Petrova, M. (2019). Areas of Habitation in the City: Improving Urban Management based on Check-in Data and Mental Mapping. Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 947, 235-248.
- Basov, N., De Nooy, W., Nenko, A. (2019). Local Meaning Structures: A Socio-Semantic Network Analysis of Artistic Collectives. American Journal of Cultural Sociology.
- Analysis of creative industries development projects In Creative Industries Development. Nordic Council of Ministers’ Project in Northern Dimension Region / I.Kizilova (ed.), Saint-Petersburg, ‘Profi-Centre’, 2014 - pp.3-44, 56-91.
- Basov, N., Nenko, A. (2013). Artistic Community Knowledge Structure Revealed: A Semantic Network Analysis of “La Escocesa”, Barcelona. CGES Working Papers, 8. Bielefeld-St. Petersburg.
- Emotional Interaction in Knowledge Network: Limits and Possibilities (in Russian) // Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology, № 5, 2012, pp. 377-393.
- Emotional interaction in network: Maintaining collaborative cognition / Multifaceted nature of collaboration in contemporary world. Edited by: Tamara Besednjak Vali, Dolores Modic, Urša Lamut. London, 2012, pp. 175-204.
- Understanding Knowledge Creation: Intellectuals in Academia, the Public Sphere and the Arts / Ed. by Nikita Basov & Oleksandra Nenko, Amsterdam - New York: Rodopi Press, 2012.
- Aesthetic Emotional Experience: From Eye Irritation to Knowledge // Understanding Knowledge Creation: Intellectuals in Academia, the Public Sphere and the Arts / Ed. by Nikita Basov & Oleksandra Nenko, Amsterdam - New York: Rodopi Press, 2012.
- Intellectual in the Field of Contemporary Art // The Intellectual: A Phenomenon in Multidimensional Perspectives / Ed. by N. Basov, G. Simet, J. van Andel, S. Mahlomaholo & V. Netshandama, Inter-Disciplinary Press, Oxford, 2010, рp. 157-166.
- Humour Discourse of Politics as Representation of Socio-Political Space (in Ukrainian) // Ivan Franko Lvov National University Herald. Sociological Series, IV issue, 2010.
- Generating Knowledge in the City: A Study on Creative Communities of St.Petersburg (co-authored with Nikita Basov and Anisya Khokhlova) / International annual conference of the Research Network Sociology of the Arts of European Sociological Association (ESA) Art and its contexts: cross-disciplinary dialogue, 4-6.09.2014. Book of Abstracts, p. 18.
- Emergent Creative Style: Semantic and Communication Networks in Artistic Communities (co-authored with Nikita Basov, SPbSU) / 11th conference of European Sociological Association, University of Torino, Italy, 28-31.08.2013. Book of Abstracts, p. 130.
- Artworks and Communicative Process of Knowledge Creation (co-authored with Nikita Basov and Anisya Khokhlova) / The Second ISA Forum of Sociology “Social Justice and Democratization”, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1-4.08.2012. RC37-50.1, p. 52. Book of Abstracts.
- Extracurricular art practices: Developing emotional competence in adolescence / The Second ISA Forum of Sociology “Social Justice and Democratization”, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1-4.08.2012. RC13-436.2. Book of Abstracts. p. 415.
Download the full version of CV