Head of Science/Scientific Manager of the Centre for German and European Studies
Senior Researcher, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- Communication networks; co-evolution of knowledge and communication networks; communication networks management
- Knowledge creation; semantic networks, collective intelligence; distributed cognition; emotional sources of knowledge; knowledge society; knowledge management; management of science
- Innovation and creativity in system and network perspectives; open innovations; innovation landscapes and innovation systems; inter-organizational innovation networks; science, education and business integration with focus on innovations
- Social self-organization; complex adaptive systems; cooperative social processes; group synergy; organizational and community evolution; non-linear and evolutionary management
- 2005–2009 St. Petersburg State University, PhD in Sociology (Kandidat Nauk), Dissertation title: Emergence and Development of Innovation in the Process of Social Systems Self-organization
- 2000–2005 St. Petersburg State University, Specialist in Information Technologies for Sociology
- 2016– Senior Researcher, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2013– Head of Science/Scientific Manager of Centre for German and European Studies at St. Petersburg State University
- 2009–2013 Postdoctoral Researcher, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2005–2009 Researcher, Resource Center for the Social Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2007–2008 Head of Business Development Department, AG Business Consulting
- 2006–2007 Marketing Manager, AG Business Consulting
- 2020–2021 NordForsk - Nordic Council of Ministers ‘Musical Climate Art for a Sound Future’
- 2019–2021 Creation of knowledge on ecological hazards in Russian and European local communities
- 2018–2020 Dynamic of sociocultural network structures: Analysis of European creative collectives
- 2017–2021 Knowledge. Social relationships, discourse similarity and diffusion
- 2014–2017 Co-evolution of Knowledge and Communication Networks: Structural Dynamics of Creative Collectives in European Cultural Capitals
- 2011–2012 Effective Intellectual Networks for Integration of Science, Business, and Education: Comparing University of Algarve and St. Petersburg State University Cases
- 2011–2012 Communication Practices of Knowledge Creation in the Present-Day Urban Social Space
- 2011–2013 Network Structures of Science: Knowledge Creation in the Intellectual Landscape
- 2009–2010 Integration Complex ‘Science, Education, Business’: Comparative Effectiveness of the Organization and Management Models
- 2005–2008 Social Communication and Social Innovation in the Knowledge Society
- Antonyuk, A., Basov, N. (eds) (2021). Networks in the Global World V. Series volume in Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 181.
- Antonyuk, A., Puzyreva, K., Medeuov, D., & Basov, N. (2021). A Technique to Infer Symbolic and Socio-Symbolic Micro Patterns. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 181, 101-119.
- Basov, N., & Kholodova, D. (2021). Networks of context: Three-layer socio-cultural mapping for a Verstehende network analysis. Social networks, 66.
- Antonyuk, A., & Basov, N. (Eds) (2020). Networks in the Global World V. Series volume in Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 181.
- Basov, N. (2020). The Ambivalence of Cultural Homophily: Field Positions, Semantic Similarities, and Social Network Ties in Creative Collectives. Poetics, 78, 101353.
- Basov, N., Antonyuk, A., & Hellsten, I. (2020). Content or Connections? Socio-Semantic Analysis of Leaders’ Communication Styles in a Creative Collective. In G. Cattani, S. Ferriani, F. Godart, & S. V. Sgourev (Eds), Aesthetics and Style in Strategy (Advances in Strategic Management Vol. 42, pp. 101-118). Emerald Publishing Limited.
- Basov, N., Breiger, R., & Hellsten, I. (2020). Socio-semantic and other dualities. Poetics, 78, 101433.
- Basov, N., Breiger, R., Hellsten, I., Mohr, J., & Saint-Charles, J. (Eds) (2020). Special Issue on Discourse, Meaning, and Networks: Advances in Socio-Semantic Analysis.’ Poetics, 78.
- Koskinen, J., Jones, P., Medeuov, D., Antonyuk, A., Puzyreva, K., & Basov, N. (2020). Analysing Networks of Networks. arXiv preprint. arXiv:2008.03692
- Medeuov D., Roth C., Puzyreva K., & Basov N. (2020). Concept-centered comparison of semantic networks. Studies in Computational Intelligence, 943, 330-341.
- Puzyreva, K., & Basov, N. (2020). Local Knowledge in Russian Flood-prone Communities: A Case Study on Living with the Treacherous Waters. In International Case Studies in the Management of Disasters, 47-60.
- Roth, C., & Basov, N. (2020). The socio-semantic space of John Mohr. Poetics, 78, 101437.
- Basov, N., De Nooy, W., Nenko, A. (2019). Local Meaning Structures: A Socio-Semantic Network Analysis of Artistic Collectives. American Journal of Cultural Sociology.
- Basov, N. (2018). The Ambivalence of Cultural Homophily. Field Positions, Semantic Similarities, and Social Network Ties in Creative Collectives. Poetics.
- Basov, N. (2018). Socio-Material Network Analysis: A Mixed Method Study of Five European Artistic Collectives. Social Networks, 54, 179-195.
- Basov, N., Minina, V. (2018) Personal Communication Ties and Organizational Collaborations in Networks of Science, Education and Business. Journal of Business and Technical Communication, 32 (3), 373-405.
- Basov, N., Brennecke, J. (2017). Duality beyond Dyads: Multiplex patterning of social ties and cultural meanings in "Structure, Content and Meaning of Organizational Networks: Extending Network Thinking", ed. by Peter Groenewegen, Julie E. Ferguson, Christine Moser, John W. Mohr, Stephen P. Borgatti. Research in the sociology of organizations, 53, 87-112.
- Basov, N., Nenko, A., & Khokhlova, A. (2014). Generating Knowledge in the City: A Study on Creative Communities of St. Petersburg. 8th midterm Conference of the European Research Network Sociology of the Arts ‘Art and its Contexts: Cross-Disciplinary Dialogue’. Book of Abstracts. Cluj-Napoca: Babeş‐Bolyai University, 18.
- Basov, N., Nenko, O. (eds.). (2012). Understanding Knowledge Creation: Intellectuals in Academia, the Public Sphere and the Arts. Amsterdam-New York: Rodpoi.
- Basov, N., & Wühr, D. (2012). Intra-Organizational Communication Networks and Success in Innovation Projects: Comparing the Cases of German Mechanical Engineering Companies. CGES Working Papers, 8. Bielefeld-St. Petersburg.