The three-year research and professionalization project “Between Stability and Transformation: Regional and Transnational Cooperation in Central Asia and between Central Asia and Europe” at Bielefeld University, started in 2016 and was continued in 2017. This project led by Chiara Pierobon, Magdeburg University includes conferences, a seminar series as well as research publications. In addition to participation in international conferences in this research area, the main activity was the co-organization (main organizing partners: TU Dortmund University and OSCE Academy Bishkek) of the Summer School “Regional Cooperation – Approaches from Central Asia and Europe” from 21st to 23rd of September 2017 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. In 2017, Chiara Pierobon, the PI of this project, was selected to work as stand-in professor for Macrosociology and European Societies at Magdeburg University, where she concentrated on the data analyses of previous field research in Central Asia and publication of the results.
- Pierobon, C. (2017). The European Union and Sustainable Development in Kyrgyzstan: The Role of Civil Society. In Contemporary Global Trends: Challenges and Risks for Central Asia (pp. 41-52). Almaty: German-Kazakh University.
- Pierobon, C. (2017). German Political Foundations in Central Asia: Promoting Democracy Through Civil Society. European Journal of Social Sciences Education and Research, 9 (1), 80 – 86.
- Pierobon, C. (2016). The Development of state-civil society relations in Kazakhstan. Eurasiatica, 6, 203 – 223.
- Pierobon, C. (2016). The European Union and the empowerment of Civil Society in Kazakhstan: an evaluation of the EIDHR and NSA/LA. Central Asian Policy Review, 2(2), 11 – 15.
- Pierobon, C. (2015). Sustainable Development in Kazakhstan: national and international measures in Central Asia and European Union: way to sustainable development, Kazakh German University, Almaty, pp. 242-250.
- Pierobon, C. (2015). The Relations between the EU and Kazakhstan: the case of the cooperation program ‘Supporting Kazakhstan Local Development Policies, in Jonboboev, S. et al. (eds.), Central Asia: Issues, Problems, and Perspectives, Göttingen: Cuvillier, pp. 257-284.