Associate researcher at the Centre for German and European Studies
Associate professor at the department of sociology of culture and communication, faculty of sociology, SPSU
- Sociology of communication
- Sociological analysis of creativity
- Sociology of risk
- Sociology of body
- 2003-2006 Doctoral student, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 1997-2002 Faculty of Psychology, St. Petersburg State University. Diploma with honors
- 2018-2020 Socio-structural effects of civilizational changes in Russian society (supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research)
- 2016-2018 Sexuality and life journey: social trajectories, models and practices (supported by the Russian Foundation for Humanities)
- 2014-present Co-evolution of Knowledge and Communication Networks: Structural Dynamics of Creative Collectives in European Cultural Capitals (CGES) (supported by the Russian Foundation for Humanities)
- 2014-2015 Creative communities in urban space: the mechanisms of knowledge creation (by the example of contemporary art)
- 2011-2013 New cultural practices in the context of globalization: the formation of intercultural competence
- 2011-2012 Communicative practices of knowledge creation in the social space of modern city
- 2011-present Associate professor, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 2006-2010 Assistant, Department of Sociology of Culture and Communication, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Pivovarov, A. M. (2019). Sociology of the Body in Search of its Identity: Analysis of Research Programs. Sociological Journal, 25(4), 9–27.
- Pivovarov, A. M., & Tkachuk, D. V. (2019). Capitalization of Body in Modern Music Videos. Diskurs, 2, 78-89.
- Pivovarov, A. M. (2017). Contemporary Trends of Rationalization of Sexuality: Russian Context. SPbSU Bulletin, 10 (1), 26-140.
- Vasilkova, V. V. & Pivovarov, A. M. (2017). Social Communications: Professional and Everyday Practices. Sociological Studies, 10, 159-160.
- Pivovarov, A. M., & Khokhlova, A. M. (2014). Art Communities of St. Petersburg: Strategies and Tactics of Coping with the Risks of Creative Labor, in: R.G. Braslavsky, A.V. Malinov (eds.): Multiform Modernity. St. Petersburg: Intersocis, 303-340.
- Pivovarov, A. M., Khokhlova, A. M. (2014). The Risks of Being Creative: ‘Pros’ and ‘Contras’ of Participation in Art Community. Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology, 17(1), 139-154.