Scientific Manager of the Centre for German and European Studies
Senior Researcher, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- Communication networks; co-evolution of knowledge and communication networks; communication networks management
- Knowledge creation; semantic networks, collective intelligence; distributed cognition; emotional sources of knowledge; knowledge society; knowledge management; management of science
- Innovation and creativity in system and network perspectives; open innovations; innovation landscapes and innovation systems; inter-organizational innovation networks; science, education and business integration with focus on innovations
- Social self-organization; complex adaptive systems; cooperative social processes; group synergy; organizational and community evolution; non-linear and evolutionary management
- 2005-2009 St. Petersburg State University, PhD in Sociology (Kandidat Nauk), Dissertation title: Emergence and Development of Innovation in the Process of Social Systems Self-organization
- 2000-2005 St. Petersburg State University, Specialist in Information Technologies for Sociology
- 2016 Senior Researcher, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2013 Scientific Manager of Centre for German and European Studies at St. Petersburg State University
- 2009-2013 Postdoctoral Researcher, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2005-2009 Researcher, Resource Center for the Social Sciences and Humanities, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University
- 2007-2008 Head of Business Development Department, AG Business Consulting
- 2006-2007 Marketing Manager, AG Business Consulting
- 2019-2021 Creation of knowledge on ecological hazards in Russian and European local communities
- 2018-2020 Dynamic of sociocultural network structures: Analysis of European creative collectives
- 2017-2021 Knowledge. Social relationships, discourse similarity and diffusion
- 2014-2017 Co-evolution of Knowledge and Communication Networks: Structural Dynamics of Creative Collectives in European Cultural Capitals
- 2011-2012 Effective Intellectual Networks for Integration of Science, Business, and Education: Comparing University of Algarve and St. Petersburg State University Cases
- 2011-2012 Communication Practices of Knowledge Creation in the Present-Day Urban Social Space
- 2011-2013 Network Structures of Science: Knowledge Creation in the Intellectual Landscape
- 2009-2010 Integration Complex ‘Science, Education, Business’: Comparative Effectiveness of the Organization and Management Models
- 2005-2008 Social Communication and Social Innovation in the Knowledge Society
2020 Special issue of Poetics on 'Discourse, Meaning, and Networks: Advances in Socio-Semantic Analysis'. Ed. by Nikita Basov, Ronald Breiger, Iina Hellsten, John Mohr, and Johanne Saint-Charles.
2019 Basov, N., Breiger, R., Hellsten, I., Mohr, J., & Saint-Charles, J. (forthcoming). Special issue of Poetics on ‘Discourse, Meaning, and Networks: Advances in Socio-Semantic Analysis’.
2019 Basov N., Antonyuk, A., & Hellsten, I. (forthcoming). Content or Connections? Socio-Semantic Analysis of Leaders’ Communication Styles in a Creative Collective. Advances in Strategic Management.
2018 Basov, N., Minina, V. Personal Communication Ties and Organizational Collaborations in Networks of Science, Education and Business. Journal of Business and Technical Communication, 32 (3), 373-405.
2017 Basov, N., Brennecke, J. Duality beyond Dyads: Multiplex patterning of social ties and cultural meanings in "Structure, Content and Meaning of Organizational Networks: Extending Network Thinking", ed. by Peter Groenewegen, Julie E. Ferguson, Christine Moser, John W. Mohr, Stephen P. Borgatti. Research in the sociology of organizations, 53, 87-112.
2009 Басов, Н. В. Становление и развитие инновации в сетевых коммуникативных структурах. Общество знания: от идеи к практике. Коллективная монография в 3-х частях. Часть 2. Социальные коммуникации в обществе знания (стр. 148-183). Скифия-принт.