CGES announces the PhD Fellowship Programme for 2016.
Programme goal: financial and organizational support of young scholars at the early stages of their scientific careers allowing them to focus on their research work.
Target group: PhD students of St. Petersburg universities, whose dissertations involve field research in Europe and fall within key CGES research areas:
- Network Structures in Germany, Europe and Russia
- Creativity, Communities and Public Spaces of European and Russian Cities
- Civil Society and Participation in Europe and Russia
- Europe in World Society
In line with writing dissertations at their home universities and working with their PhD advisors, the CGES PhD Fellows will:
• get a 500 EUR grant each month and 1000 EUR/year for academic mobility for 1 to 3 years (based on annual performance evaluation)
• receive advisory and organizational support from scientific consultant at CGES
• engage in CGES international research projects in teams involving junior and experienced scholars from leading foreign and Russian universities / research centers
• join and conduct own field research in Europe
• participate in international scientific events in Russia and Europe
• take part in international exchange and mobility programmes of CGES in St Petersburg and Bielefeld, as well as in other Russian and European universities and research centers
• publish internationally
• participate in organizing CGES events
• use a work place in CGES St Petersburg office (SPbSU main campus)
• have full access to CGES and SPbSU libraries.
Good command of English is mandatory.
Selection basis: application package (the list of documents is provided in the attached pdf-file), PhD project presentation and interview.
More details: in the pdf-file attached.