Research Associate at the Centre for German and European Studies
Assosiate Professor, Institute of Design and Urban Studies, ITMO
- Urban studies
- Interdisciplinary research in the study of emotions, art and knowledge
- Analysis of communicative and semantic networks
- 2007-2010 Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, Faculty of Sociology (Ukraine), Ph.D. in Sociology
- 2002-2007 Kharkiv National University, Faculty of Sociology (Ukraine), MA Sociology (Honours)
- 2015-present Arts for the City
- Jan 2014-present 'Co-evolution of Knowledge and Communication Networks: Structural Dynamics of Creative Collectives in European Cultural Capitals' (2014-2017) (CGES) (supported by the Russian Foundation for Humanities)
- Jan 2014-Dec 2014 “Analysis of Creative Industries in St.Petersburg and Kaliningrad” (National Research University Higher School of Economics in Saint-Petersburg, Laboratory of Economics of Culture, Nordic Council of Ministers, Information Office in Saint-Petersburg)
- Jan 2012-Dec 2014 ‘City SAGA. Public Spaces in Transformation’ (Nordic Council of Ministers, Information Office in Saint-Petersburg, the International Centre for Social and Economic Research Centre ‘Leontief Centre’, Centre for Independent Sociological Research, Open Urban Lab (Saint-Petersburg)
- Jan 2013-Jan 2014 “Creative City” (National Research University Higher School of Economics in Saint-Petersburg)
- Jan 2011-Dec 2012 “Knowledge Creation in Intellectual Networks” (Saint-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Sociology)
- Jan 2011-Dec 2012 “Communicative Practices of Knowledge Creation in Social Space of a Modern City” (St. Petersburg State University)
- Jan 2013-present International workshops on the topics of creativity, creative city, and creative networks. (Saint-Petersburg State University, CGES, National Research University Higher School of Economics in Saint-Petersburg, University of Barcelona, Free University of Berlin, King’s College London, University of Amsterdam)
- 2009-2011 International Educational Project HESP / OSI ReSET “Comparative Studies for Advances in Teaching Sociology” (Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, University of Aberdeen)
- Nenko, A., Belyakova, N., & Koniukhov, A. (2020). Evaluating a City’s Public Service Infrastructure Based on Online Data. In Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 1242. Springer, Cham.
- Nenko, A. E., Kurilova, M. A., & Podkorytova, M. I. (2020). Analysis of emotional perception of urban spaces and ‘Smart city’ development. International Journal of Open Information Technologies, 8(11), 128-136.
- Basov, N., De Nooy, W., Nenko, A. (2019). Local Meaning Structures: A Socio-Semantic Network Analysis of Artistic Collectives. American Journal of Cultural Sociology.
- Nenko, A., Koniukhov, A., & Petrova, M. (2019). Areas of Habitation in the City: Improving Urban Management based on Check-in Data and Mental Mapping. Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 947, 235-248.
- Yakimuk I., Mityagin S., & Nenko A. (2019). Modelling Behavioral Patterns of Drug Addiction Based on Sociological Data. Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 156, 214-224.
- Nenko A., Petrova M. (2018) Emotional Geography of St. Petersburg: Detecting Emotional Perception of the City Space. In: Alexandrov D., Boukhanovsky A., Chugunov A., Kabanov Y., Koltsova O. (eds) Digital Transformation and Global Society. DTGS 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 859. Springer, Cham.
- Petrova M., Nenko A. (2018) Urban Emptiness as a Resource for Sustainable Urban Development. Management of Environmental Quality: An International Journal, 29 (3), 388-405.
- Basov, N., Nenko, A., and Khokhlova, A. (2015). Reality of Art: Communication and Knowledge Creation. Sociological Journal, 4(21), 8-33.
Download the full version of CV